Finished: Simplicity 3450 Blouse & Sew For Victory SkirtLast week I finally got a mirror and was able to hem my skirt and attach the pockets, yay! I also finally finished the matching blouse from the same pattern which still needed fabric buttons and thread loops. The skirt is also my entry for the Sew For Victory challenge.
Warning! Picture heavy!
The pattern is Simplicity 3450 from 1940. I haven't made any alterations except for the placement of the skirt's pockets. I found the original placement to be very weird looking in real life and this just felt better to me.
I used a vintage metal zipper with a gorgeous zipper pull for the skirt. I prick stitched it in semi exposed because I thought it would be a shame to hide such a beautiful zip! (click to admire in full screen mode!)
The buttons of the skirt are simple vintage dark blue glass buttons from my stash.
And two fabric buttons with threads loops at the wrist
I also shortened the skirt a whopping 3,5 inches. I am definitely not short but the original length was quite long and looked very unflattering on me.
As far as the inside goes: The seams are simply turned under and stitched. The hem is slightly gathered to take in the fullness and stitched to a blue bias tape which is slip stitched in place.
Anyway, I'm happy with my new outfit! Mission "Stepping out of my comfort zone" successful!