Free Pattern for a 1940s Lace Jersey

15:11 Renée 4 Comments

Well I think that almost month long blogging silence was bound to happen. Starting a new job has been exhausting and although I work part time, I have an extremely irregular work schedule and am still trying to balance free time and work time. On top of that my boyfriend got sick and has now passed it on to me, yay.

My kitting hasn't suffered from it though, I am done with my lovely ice blue lace jumper / sweater except for the buttons (always the buttons!) and have started on Susan Crawford's Jan Sweater in preparation for spring / summer.

I am long overdue with sharing another free pattern which I had intended to do monthly, but I am happy to share one with you again today!

It is another 1940s knitting pattern from the book "Knitted Garments For All" by Jane Koster and Margaret Murray from ca. 1943. This one is for a lovely Lace Stitch Jersey designed for a 34" bust with 2 ply wool on 2.75 and 3.25 mm needles. One pattern repeat measures 3" on 3.25 mm needles.

Get the pdf HERE. You can find the pattern on Ravelry here.


4 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing your finished jumper, it is such a lovely pattern :)
    Hope you are feeling better, and thank you so much for the free pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very pretty jumper, I like the stitch pattern and the collar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the collar is such a fun unusual shape - it reminds me of a sunflower

      Delete

Please don't hesitate to leave a comment or ask any questions - they are very much appreciated!